I got in trouble for daydreaming in elementary school. I never grow out of it. Except now, I daydream about how I messed up my past and what tragedy is waiting to pop in my future.
Practicing the following 7 keys helps slow down my thoughts and allows me to spend more time in the present moment.
- Non-judgement: do not judge or give value to life’s experiences – nothing is good or bad
- Patience: do not try to change the moment – be patient and let it be what it is
- Every experience is a new experience: allow all situations to be new and unique – every experience is actually a new experience
- Stop Forcing Life: stop comparing yourself to others, trying to catch up – you are good enough just as you are
- Acceptance: stop forcing energy into things you can not change – you don’t have to understand it
- Let it Go/Let it be: enjoy the moment for what it is – do not think about things that have or will happen
- Trust: let go of the need to be in control – everything is how it should be